Bikalananda Kar's Rasagola
Late Bikalananda Kar started the journey of rasagola in a tiny shop at Salipur, 25 kms from district Cuttack, Odisha, India. Born in a very poor Brahmin family, Late Kar was very determined and passionate about his business. With excellent art of sweet making, a sharp brain for business and a soft heart for the betterment of the society, Late Bikalananda Kar set his life as an example for many entrepreneurs. His magical hands gave Odisha the authentic taste of rasagola which gradually turned light brown, getting named as Khirmohan. His tiny shop has led its success path to a giant Sweet Industry named as ‘KAR AND BROTHERS’. Today KAR AND BROTHERS has the largest share of rasagola business dealing with highest CHENA work in Odisha.
MISSION, VISION, VALUES
Our MISSION is to:
- Provide authentic, tasty and best quality of sweets and namkeen all over the world at a reasonable cost.
- Provide friendly environment to our employees, continuous training and development programs to build the best employee team.
- Always abide by law
- Work for the environment and development of our society.(contribute for social cause)
Bikalananda Kar memorial trust has been formed which undertakes social programs like plantation drive, medical camps, cow treatment, drinking water facilities etc.
Our VISION is to:
Keep innovating new products and satisfy our customers by offering wide range of Indian sweets and Namkeen.
Our VALUES are:
- Providing traditional and authentic flavour with a modern magical touch.
- Focus is always on providing best quality and fresh food to our customers.
- Follow every business ethics.
After all our success is the most valuable award given to us by our customers.
In the context of modern food processing world, especially in confectionary unit, our organisation follows all sorts of guidelines as per “FSSAI’ along with HCCAP principles such as hygienic conditions during production and packaging.
We have put up an eco-friendly manufacturing unit-A THERMIC FLUID HEAT PLANT AND AN ETP (EFFLUENT TREATMENT PLANT). We provide the best working conditions for our employees so that they give their best and we can maintain the authentic taste of sweets and namkeen for our most valued customers.